View Full Version : bad luck...

Andrew A.
December 18th, 2002, 12:17 AM
alright, i posted a while ago about getting a gl2, i saved enough and with some chirstmas money i got a new gl2 and love it... but, after the 3rd day, my dog was running around and knocked the coffee table and my brand new camera fell to the ground... it hit pretty hard, my heart stopped...
after looking over it, i didn't really see anything really wrong, but i noticed an increase motor nose? it might be that im just going crazy after having this happen but im not sure what would happen with the shock, it seems to work fine but i just hope the insides are fine, there was a tape in it at the time...
i could send it in to get looked at but im in the middle of working on a project for school and i can't be gl2less, if thats a word? we are halfway done and i can't switch cameras because of the frame mode setting and the feel of the footage so i plan to use the gl2.
after using my gl1 for a few years witch i just sent in so i can't use, ive never had anything like this happen, have any of you had any shocks like this and what was the outcome?
should i get it looked at or just hope all is well?

Chris Hurd
December 18th, 2002, 12:51 AM
Definitely get it checked out. Send it to the Irvine, CA facility. Turnaround will be faster than you think.