View Full Version : Mic Problems.

Patrick Smith
December 5th, 2005, 07:56 PM
My on mic on my Gl-2 is seeming to having to some issues, I'm not sure why.

Last time I filmed, i filmed som cars driving by, and right before i stop recording each time it sounds like a drop of water going into a bucket, or the sound it makes you put your finger on the inside of your cheek and pop it out. It was very odd, but you could hear the noise each time, right before i stopped recording.

Now tonight, my buddy and I wnet out to film him playing in the snow in a couple parkinglots. I put on my little light into the hot shoe adapter and went out. When we got back to view it. Every time the light was on, I had no audio. And when the light was off, all my audio was very muffled/distorted. I had the audio on auto also.

Just wondering if these problems are related or what they were. I'm was thinking maybe the light was loosly connected to the hot shoe and was maybe causing somethin to happen, but im not sure.

any help would be helpful!

Graham Bernard
December 6th, 2005, 01:54 AM
How and on what equipment were you moinitoring this "effect"? If the camera there could be a multitude of errors being picked up.

Some questions: How long have you had the camera and was it from new? Have you dropped it or used the hotshoe for something recently?

I really don't like the sound of the light and audio symptom. Personally, if I could not nail the change from some activity I'd done - dropped or forced - I'd be off to the service centre, PDQ! It does sound like some radical internal issue going on. Vision over Sound? Not good! Sorry mate .. .

Grazie

Patrick Smith
December 6th, 2005, 09:17 AM
it was used. but in great condition. never dropped or anything. i just went out without the light and filmed another car. everything sounded normal. still that little popping noise thoe

Mike Donley
December 6th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Just a thought. Are you doing anything with the controls every time just before you pause. For example, are you finishing a zoom? I have to be careful with the zoom control on my Canon ZR50mc. If you simply let it go at the end of a zoom in or out, it will snap back and cause considerable noise on the tape. The zoom control on a ZR50mc has to be released slowly back into position. Such occurances are more rare on my GL1's or GL2. But I have encountered operator error (me!) that caused unwanted sounds.

Patrick Smith
July 18th, 2006, 01:24 PM
found out tht it was me clicking/releasing the zoom button right before I would stop recording...