View Full Version : Jerky playback in FCE HD

Justin DeAre
December 11th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I'm fairly new to FCE, so maybe I'm doing something wrong here (also, the search function doesn't seem to work)...

I'm trying to preview the Natress Film Effects to make sure I like what it's going to do to my video. I made a new sequence, added a clip, applied the "Basic Warm" preset, rendered the clip, and then went to view it in a new 100% window. A good portion of my clip is now jerky where it wasn't before... the effect is similar to when you have a scratched DVD. Is this normal? I was thinking maybe I need to export the clip to Quicktime for smooth playback, but I thought I would ask also, in case I'm missing something... I get the feeling it's just that FCE HD can't play a video with filters smoothly...

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind, a Quicktime video plays back fine. :)

Boyd Ostroff
December 11th, 2005, 05:35 PM
rendered the clip, and then went to view it in a new 100% window.

Glad you got it working, but this part of you post stands out to me. FCP has a bug such that if you set the canvas window to 100% you will often see the problem you describe. I don't know if the same thing happens in FCE, but in FCP the solution is to always set the canvas and viewer to "fit to window" and NOT to 100%.