View Full Version : PD10 extra lens hood

Laurence Kingston
December 13th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I have heard that the PD10 comes with an extra deep lens hood. Will this fit around a Sony VCL-HG0737Y (or X) lens? If so, is it out of the shot when zoomed fully wide? What are the chances it would fit an HVR-A1?

I'm sure I could find it on the Sony parts site if it would work.

Boyd Ostroff
December 13th, 2005, 09:16 AM
No idea about the A1. Does it have a bayonet mount like the PDX-10? On my camera I found that it worked fine with a .45x wide lens, so I imagine it would be fine with that sony lens. In fact, do a search in the forum because I think this was discussed before.

OTOH, while it's a nice extra that was included with the PDX-10, it isn't anything particularly remarkable and there's no way to cap the lens when it's mounted. I think you'll find that the price is prohibitive if you do a search on Sony's site (https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx0). Personally I'd look for other solutions on the A1.

Laurence Kingston
December 13th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Searches from this site have never worked for me. I click the search icon and nothing happens. I've tried this numerous times from both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Sometimes I have luck with a Google search pointing me back to listings on these forums but not always. Searches from other sites work fine.

Boyd Ostroff
December 13th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately that's an known issue that's still on the webmasters "to do" list. But searches aren't really a problem, you just need to be in the correct context. Open another window on the DVi homepage: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/index.php Now click on search, then advanced search. This will let you choose the desired forum and other search parameters. It's the search function within the forum that's broken.

Bob J. Trimmer
December 14th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I use both the .05 WA & 2x Telephoto Sony lenses with the deep lens hood with no problem. Like Boyd said there is no hood cover. I leave the WA on all time and just use the soft plastic lens cover that came with the lens.

Bob J Trimmer

Bob J. Trimmer
December 14th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I use both the .07 WA & 2x Telephoto Sony lenses with the deep lens hood with no problem. Like Boyd said there is no hood cover. I leave the WA on all time and just use the soft plastic lens cover that came with the lens.

Bob J Trimmer

Bob J. Trimmer
December 14th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Sorry about the double post. I wanted the edit my first post from a .05 WA lens to .07

Bob Trimmer