View Full Version : Flash to Video question

Mike Moncrief
December 13th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Hello,

A client gave me a Flash animation which i need to convert to video and import to a DVD...I expected it to be a .swf file, but it is not.. It has the little F logo on the file icon, (Windows XP Machine) and under the file properties it says it is a Macromedi Flash player 6.0 ... So it looks like it is in a self playing executable file.. i have tried to load this After Effects 6.5, My editing software (vegas 6.0c) etc.. with no luck.. Can anyone tell me , can i extract the .swf file out of this ?? Is there a utility out there ?? what other options do i have ??
And of course it all needs to be done tommorow,,

Thanks to all..
Mike m.

Bryon Akerman
December 13th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Go to Swishzone.com. I believe they have a utility that enables you to convert video to swf and swf to video. Free 15 day trial, too.

Vincent Croce
December 14th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Sounds to me like you have been given an .fla file. Is that the extension? If so, it can be compiled with Flash into an .swf file. If it isn't large (less than 5 megs or so), email it to me and I'll convert it and send it back to you. Just let me know what version you want it converted to (flash 5,6,7,8). Then you should be able to import the shockwave movie into your NLE.
Vin

Carl Downs
December 15th, 2005, 12:38 AM
is that true? or am I doing somthing wrong? I just find it in Explorer and try to drop it onto the timeline but the cursor turns from arrow to the "no way dude" icon. Is Vegas able to accept .swf files? or... do I need a "utility"?

Vincent Croce
December 15th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Carl-
Is it already an .swf file? If so, you can definitely import it right into the timeline in Vegas. Just tried it on Vegas 6, but I'd done it before on version 5.
What exactly is the extension on the file? My offer to convert it for you stands.
Vin

Carl Downs
December 15th, 2005, 10:46 PM
for your generous offer. I am currenty on an overnight business trip... and cant check but... am pretty sure it is an .swf Maybe I should re-install Flash...?? Anyways, your offer is generous but I would like to do this all the time and cant be e-mailing you with my files all the time ha ha... just got to figure it out. I do have Vegas 6.

Sergey Bosh
December 29th, 2005, 05:45 AM
I think it is easier to converts swf.,flv to video by using Flash_to_Video_Encoder_PRO (http://geovid.com/Flash_to_Video_Encoder_PRO/) and safer,bcoz it converts without any quality lossless.