View Full Version : Problem with A/V viewing to TV

Kever Conyers
December 22nd, 2002, 09:08 AM
I am having a problem viewing video when I connect my A/V output connector to the RCA jacks on my TV. I put the GL1 in VCR mode and press play. I only get sound from the TV but no video is showing. I have all the wires plug in correctly. Thinking the cord was just bad, I ordered a new connection cord for $22.00. After receiving the new cord, I tried to connect again, but still no video just sound came from my TV. In the past I was getting both sound and video.

Please help - what am I doing wrong? Do my camera need to go in for repairs or is it just a setting?

Many Thanks in Advance

Kever Conyers
Memphis, TN - USA

I had my GL1 for over two years - never had this problem before

Chris Hurd
December 22nd, 2002, 12:05 PM
First, is it the correct AV cable, with three RCA plugs at one end (yellow, red, white) and a triple-ring sleeve tip at the other end?

Second, is it properly inserted? The sleeve tip end needs to be pushed into the camcorder jack as far in as it will go, with no part of the sleeve exposed... pushed all the way in.

Third, are you inserting the sleeve into the proper jack on the camcorder? Should be the yellow one.

Fourth, try a different TV to see if you have the same problem.

If so, then fifth, try a different camcorder if possible with the same cable and the same TV. If it works, but the GL1 doesn't, then there may be a bad connection in the GL1, in which case you'll have to send it in to Canon USA for service. Hope this helps,

Don Palomaki
December 22nd, 2002, 07:45 PM
Are you using s-video or composite (yellow RCA) to connect to the TV? Is the TV setup for the connection you are using ? Some may require that you select S-VIDEO or Composite from a menu, others may automaticlly select the S-VIDEO jack if anything is plugged into it whtiher ot not it has a signal..

Kever Conyers
December 24th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Thanks You for Your Comments

I got it working - I did not have the input line from the TV set correctly. Once I corrected that - everything worked fine.

Many Thanks!!!!

Kever Conyers