View Full Version : XM2 body color

Bart Saerens
December 25th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Happy holidays everyone!

I just bought an XM2 camera and was expecting a nice solid grey camera body...

Maybe it has something to do with the colorfull christmas time, but when I opened the box and looked at the camera, some parts seemed to slightly differs in color ...

I'm not talking about the hand grip and the lens hood, these are dark colored, but the body that should be solid grey, is a mix up of a few gray (bit grayish yellow) shades.

Seems to me that the body parts (top, left, right and LCD door) went to a different paint bath ;-)

Anyone else noticed this on his/her camera?

Fortunately the camera works great!

Regards!

Frank Granovski
December 25th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Really?

The Japanese version is black, by the way.

Jim Yang
December 26th, 2002, 10:09 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Bart SAERENS : Happy holidays everyone!

I just bought an XM2 camera and was expecting a nice solid grey camera body...

Maybe it has something to do with the colorfull christmas time, but when I opened the box and looked at the camera, some parts seemed to slightly differs in color ...

I'm not talking about the hand grip and the lens hood, these are dark colored, but the body that should be solid grey, is a mix up of a few gray (bit grayish yellow) shades.

Seems to me that the body parts (top, left, right and LCD door) went to a different paint bath ;-)

Anyone else noticed this on his/her camera?

Fortunately the camera works great!

Regards! -->>>

Grey? I thought the body was white...or an off white.

Mark Härtl
December 26th, 2002, 04:23 PM
hi bart,

could you take some photos of you xm2?

Bart Saerens
December 26th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Hi Mark

Currently I'm not able to post a pic of my camera, but I found an image on the internet with about the same color difference I'm talking about...

So, not that it's really a problem, but a solid colored body is always nicer to look at ;-)

http://www.nomatica.co.uk/im6/big/xm2_4.jpg
(look at the difference between the top of the body and the left side)

Bart

Mark Härtl
December 27th, 2002, 05:45 AM
yes, thats really not "normal". if you cant live with that (hey, it makes your xm2 unique) i think you could bring it back to the shop and get another one. or just buy some other yellowish things and attach them to cam, would look great in my opinion.

Dirk Goris
December 27th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Sorry to hear this Bart! Have you contacted the online store already? What did they say?
Normally the body is the same gray alround(with some blacks in between). Maybe they have displayed it in the window of the store right into the sun and it became yellow due to the heat! I shouldn't trust this if I where you.

Bart Saerens
December 27th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Hi

I've contacted the store by email.
As soon as they reply, I'll let you know something ...

The cam works fine, but when you look at it, it looks like a "recycle" thing ... a bit painfull after spending this much money.

So long!

Bart

Michael Buendia
December 27th, 2002, 01:02 PM
i just got a brand new gl2 from zgc. never really paid any attention to the color until you mentioned it. the body on my camera is a solid light gray (sparkled). the lens seems to have a little bit more of a white coat combined with the gray (also sparkled). i assume this is the normal color combo on the cameras. if you are not happy with yours i would try to push the store where you bought it to exchange it for a new one. good luck.

mb4