View Full Version : scene files from the SD card

Jemore Santos
December 25th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Does anyone know how to load up Scene/setting files from the SD card because I'm trying to load up Tim D's settings but when loaded the settings don't change.
The manual doesn't help too much either because I've already tried them, could the scene files just be empty?

Chris Hurd
December 25th, 2005, 05:00 PM
This is one of the coolest features of the HD100 so surely it's just a matter of getting the procedure correct. Has anybody out there transferred a file successfully?

Jemore Santos
December 26th, 2005, 04:27 AM
I know! I was really busy and finally the guilt of Tim working hard for these scenes and me not using them overwhelmed me so I tried to do something about them and it just didnt happen last night. Tim D got any suggestions?

Tim Dashwood
December 26th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Hi Jemore,

I'm back.
Just so we are on the same page here: you have a USB SD card reader that you inserted your SD card into. It shows up on your desktop or in "My Computer" as a removable device. You drag up to four scene files in there labelled EXT1.scn, EXT2.scn, EXT3.scn and EXT4.scn.
Now you insert the SD card into the camera and go to "Load Scene File" and scroll to EXTERNAL 1,2,3 or 4 and you are not seeing the scene files?

Jemore Santos
December 27th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Tim you mean I have to rename these files? thats it! ok I'll try that! cheers!!!

Dave Beaty
December 29th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I've been able to load the SD cards on my PC with no issues and copy and save the scene files.

When I did my tests with Tim's files the one thing I noticed is that it seems like the white balance changes when a new file is loaded into the camera. Can anyone confirm this? If I white balance, then load a scene file, it looks like the white balance is lost and it reverts to a preset value even if I'm in A or B.

In my case, I was shooting outside, so the files created a very blue looking scene, yet if I white balanced after loading them they looked fine.

Just curious about this, I would assume it shouldn't do that. I do know it will reset the Red and Blue shift you can set when you do a white balance.

Daniel Patton
December 30th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Hey Dave, maybe try this....

- Set your white balance as you have, before loading the Scene File.
- Then keep hitting the "Menu" button until you cycle to the page that shows all of the cameras current settings, take note of the white balance there.
- Load your Scene File.
- Then back to the menu button for the cameras current settings, and see if it has changed that way.

I have not loaded any scene files yet so I can't try it here. I just added it to my "To-Do list", (along with a million other things to still try with this camera).

Scott Harper
December 30th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Hi Jemore,

I'm back.
Just so we are on the same page here: you have a USB SD card reader that you inserted your SD card into. It shows up on your desktop or in "My Computer" as a removable device. You drag up to four scene files in there labelled EXT1.scn, EXT2.scn, EXT3.scn and EXT4.scn.
Now you insert the SD card into the camera and go to "Load Scene File" and scroll to EXTERNAL 1,2,3 or 4 and you are not seeing the scene files?

Where do I find this SD upload?

Dave Beaty
December 31st, 2005, 01:50 PM
Daniel

Yes, it does indeed change the white balance. So you must white balance AFTER loading any scene file.

I tested this by white balancing in mix light 4300K, then loaded Dashwood Reversal scene... Checked status as the scene was now blue and the WB is now 3000K.

Dave B

Tim Dashwood
December 31st, 2005, 03:35 PM
Where do I find this SD upload?

I will create new files and provide a link within the next week. I'm still working out some white balance bugs (as Dave has mentioned here.)