View Full Version : Scene File sticky maybe?

Daniel Patton
December 30th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I got around to trying out the PanMATCH scene file that Stephen L. Noe put up in the ProHD acid test thread, and would like to start collecting more scene files for my HD-100. I would also like to have one for low light outdoors/indoors, etc..

It would great if we could have a thread just for the collection of these files and even better if it was a sticky (I know... too many sticky threads can be a bad thing, but could we consider it anyway). If a thread has been started for this collection that I missed, sorry... point me in the right direction please.

Greg Corke
December 31st, 2005, 04:32 AM
Hi Daniel,

I'll second that, I think that's a great idea. If other members didn't have any problems imo that would be a great sticky thread, lets see what the powers that be think?

All the best, Greg C.

Tim Dashwood
December 31st, 2005, 12:23 PM
I've been planning on replacing the "HD100 Gamma/Colour Tests + DVX100 Match Settings" with a new sticky of just scene files. I shoud have some free time late next week to assemble them together and create the thread.
I'm also finishing up the testing on my own scene files and members have starting sending me some great comparison shots that I plan to include.

I would also like to start a sticky "F.A.Q." as soon as I have the time. We are starting to get more and more duplicate questions here and I think we have collected enough information to justify a "read-me-first" FAQ document.

Greg Corke
January 1st, 2006, 04:28 AM
Hi Tim,

That's great news. Looking forward to seeing some more footage from your good self. The scene file and F.A.Q. stickies will be great. I did write you an e-mail a little while back asking if I could take part in your scene file tests but I guess you had more than enough interest by then, not to worry. Anyway, can't wait to see the above (when you get some time that is).

All the best, Greg C.

Tim Dashwood
January 1st, 2006, 01:32 PM
I did write you an e-mail a little while back asking if I could take part in your scene file tests but I guess you had more than enough interest by then, not to worry.

Sorry Greg. It must have been lost in the shuffle. I receive about 30 emails a day and when I'm shooting for 12-14 hours a day and checking the forum I sometimes neglect some emails.

Assuming I have another day or two off this week, I will be posting revised versions of the scene files, so you are probably better off to wait til then anyway.
The "beta" phase of my 2nd round of scene files is almost complete.

Greg Corke
January 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Hi Tim,

Sorry mate it was not my intention to put you on a guilt trip, the written word is so useless sometimes. You seem to be a pretty busy guy round here so I totally understand. I've just done 3 months on Children of Men myself and have barely seen my wife let alone my camera so no sweat. I'm more than happy to wait.

Regards, Greg C.

P.S. Happy New Year.