View Full Version : idx runtime?

Greg Corke
January 4th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Hi guys,
I wonder if anyone can help? I have the idx solution for hd 100. My question is, should I be able to see a time 'remaining time' indicater with this set up. Ive read on another thread that AT batteries support this with a firmware update, just wondering if I could do the same for the idx? However I do have the voltage indicator is that as good as i'm gonna get?

Regards, Greg C.

Guy Barwood
January 5th, 2006, 03:01 AM
The voltage is the most accurate guage you can get, you just have to learn how to enterpret the voltages and relate it back to approximate run time. You should find going from 16v-14v is pretty slow, but from there it drops much quicker. My SWIT turn my DV500 off at about 12v, the Sony BPL40 makes it down to about 10.8v but drops from about 11.5 down to there in minutes.

I hear most people with Sony batteries tell me when the PD170 says it has 100min to go, it really means they have about 20min. Not very accurate.

Greg Corke
January 5th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks Guy,

I guess I was thinking it may output a bar guage. I can deal with the voltage thing just wanted to make sure there was not other options available.

All the best, Greg C.

Stephen L. Noe
January 5th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Greg,

On the IDX solution the voltage is displayed in the viewfinder. Fully charged the IDX battery is listed around 15 to 16V and steadily works it's way down. On the side of the IDX battery itself is a self test button that shows a set of LED's that indicates the level left in the battery. A fully charged batter last a LONG time. A long time is anywhere between 3 to 5 hours depending on LCD use.