View Full Version : Camera Settings FAQ

Geoffrey Pepos
January 6th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Okay, I've been going over all of the posts in this forum...and there are a lot of camera settings that people have found...and it's all spread out.

Would someone collect all of these and maybe we could have a "camera settings" faq?

I'd do it myself. Yet, I'm producing/directing a movie here. Gotta delagate! That's my job right now. : )

Really, I'd love to have my right hand guy test out all of the settings this coming week before we shoot; and, of course we'll contribute the tweaks that we find to work in our specific shooting situation.

Take Care,

Tim Dashwood
January 6th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I've been working on it, but I'm in the same boat as you. The paying gigs are at the top of the priority list.

Geoffrey Pepos
January 6th, 2006, 11:28 PM
As an incentive,

I will host the settings (text and data) on my server with example footage and stills all arranged in neat rows.

Chris Hurd
January 7th, 2006, 09:13 AM
I will host the settings (text and data) on my server with example footage and stills all arranged in neat rows.I appreciate your offer, Geoff, but I'll have to decline. DV Info Net is the sole copyright holder of the posts on this forum, and I prefer to keep everything under one roof. If you care to assist with assembling this material, that's great; we could sure use the help. But I must reserve the right to host the settings here on our own server. Thanks in advance,

Geoffrey Pepos
January 7th, 2006, 12:01 PM
That's cool, Chris.

John Vincent
January 7th, 2006, 06:29 PM
It really is! Don't own the camera yet (leaning ever closer) and a list like that might be the difference!

Thanks to all who can help us uneducated!

John

Geoffrey Pepos
January 7th, 2006, 11:56 PM