View Full Version : No time code and no audio

Brian Chow
January 6th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I've had my camera since October and on our first shoot, we ran into several instances where we lost time code. When we reviewed the footage, there was video but no audio. It happened 3 times that weekend but hasn't happened since. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to adjust colors in the VF or LCD. I really think that the colors are so off compared to a monitor. Maybe I have a bad VF? Does that seem to be a problem for anyone else?

Thanks everyone for all the tips, this is my first time writing in.
Brian

Jiri Bakala
January 6th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Also, does anyone know if there is a way to adjust colors in the VF or LCD. I really think that the colors are so off compared to a monitor. Maybe I have a bad VF? Does that seem to be a problem for anyone else?
The VF is terrible. I worked with a camera that had a completely purple VF. There are no adjustments for colour, only brightness. The LCD is a tad better but for any critical applications one HAS to use a decent monitor.

Hey, there is an idea for a firmware upgrade...JVC are you listening? Just like almost every (even consumer) display the VF and the LCD of the HD100 should have adjustments for BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, HUE & COLOR.

Brian Chow
January 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM
The VF is terrible. I worked with a camera that had a completely purple VF. There are no adjustments for colour, only brightness. The LCD is a tad better but for any critical applications one HAS to use a decent monitor.

Hey, there is an idea for a firmware upgrade...JVC are you listening? Just like almost every (even consumer) display the VF and the LCD of the HD100 should have adjustments for BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, HUE & COLOR.

Was it your camera that had the bad VF or was it a demo? If it was yours, did you resolve the VF problem?

Jiri Bakala
January 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Was it your camera that had the bad VF or was it a demo? If it was yours, did you resolve the VF problem?
It was supposed to be mine but I refused to take it. It also had a pretty bad case of SSE. I am picking up another one next Tuesday --- keeping my fingers crossed.

Brian Chow
January 6th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Well, as luck would have it, a few hours after I posted the thread about no time code and audio, It happened to me again. It's been fine for a month or so and just now it did the same thing. I think time for service. I can't believe it, it's barely been used and problems, problems, problems.

Diogo Athouguia
January 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Brian, I have a firmware update that fixes the non TC and audio after rec-stanby-rec sequence. My delaer sent it to me to fix this and some other issues caused by the recorder. Maybe you should talk to your dealer and request a firmware update. I can send you mine, but I have a HD101E PAL version and I don't know if it works on NTSC models. Also, I advice you to get it from an official source... or you could lose the warranty.

Brian Chow
January 7th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the info, I will check with my dealer about the firmware upgrade. I was almost thinking that it could be a problem with the head alignment.

Brian