View Full Version : light for GL2

Ryan Nagy
January 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM
does anyone know of a pretty good bright light to use on my GL2 that is good for skateboarding when following the skater, but is no more then idk say $75? and which century optics .3x fisheye lens is better for the GL2, the mark 1 or the mark 2, and should it be bayonet mount or screw on.... Im comming into the extreme sports filming scene, and still learning.

Thanks,
- Ryan

Michael Westphal
January 12th, 2006, 07:46 PM
It's only 10 watts. But it has it's own battery, which happens to be the same as a GL2 battery... so you only need one charger. No cables, as the battery is on the back of the light. Negative is that there's no dimmer. And the bulb breaks if you drop it (but you shouldn't be dropping it while it's on the camera, anyway.) $64US at B&H + an extra battery if you don't have a spare.

Don Palomaki
January 13th, 2006, 05:23 AM
I've used a Sony HVL-20DW2. Has selectable 1 or 2 10-watt lamps, for 10 or 20 watts of output. uses a sony-type battery.

Chris C. Corfield
January 15th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I use a Opus OVL 2800 video light. Has two bulbs, a 10w and a 20w, that can be combined for 30w. Uses a rechargeable 2800mAh NIMH battery that is removable. So you can run two or more if you wish to buy them. Wasn't a bad deal for $100CDN was much brighter, and cheaper, than the authentic Canon one.

Chris