View Full Version : Temprature, A factor?

Paul Reichelt
January 22nd, 2006, 10:38 PM
I'll be filming a full-length film in the Appalachian Mountains in mid-late February, while it's expected to be snowing.

I'm purchasing a Camera Cover for the GL2 to keep it enclosed, but I'm assuming it can handle the temprature.

The lowest it's expect to go is 15/20, although I find 25/30 to be much more likely.

Rob Wilson
January 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
Paul,

I've used mine in temps around 15 degrees (f). No problems as long as the cam is acclimated to the temperature. You'll also find that batteries won't last as long at low temps like that so be prepared.

Jean-Francois Robichaud
January 23rd, 2006, 11:52 AM
When you take the camera inside from the cold, the lens will probably fog up and condensation will form inside. So just make sure you let it dry for a few hours before you use it again. Some people recommend to leave the tape compartment open so that it dries faster, but I don't know if this is such a great idea, as dust might settle inside.

George Bazhenov
January 23rd, 2006, 11:57 AM
When you take the camera inside from the cold, the lens will probably fog up and condensation will form inside.
To avoid condensation, keep the camera closed in its transportation case for 3 to 4 hours after you are back in a warm room. It is better than having to dry the appliance.

Paul Reichelt
January 24th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Okay thanks for the advice :)

Majority of the filming outside shouldn't take long since I'm sure the actors will want to finish ASAP :P