View Full Version : HDVXDV Issue

Bruce Meyers
February 2nd, 2006, 01:08 AM
Finally, I've started capturing footage from my latest project... I captured long 16/30 minute clips

My question is whether, and TIM DASHWOOD probably has the answer, is there any formula to correct the seeming lack audio/video sync? I could always correct it by hand, but I think there's some sort of formula? Any ideas? I captured HD100 footage by the way!

Tim Dashwood
February 2nd, 2006, 02:20 AM
There's no formula. You should probably just not capture over TC breaks.
This is true with the HDV format in general. Capturing long clips is a bad idea, capturing over start/stop breaks is a worse idea.

You could take the converted file into FCP, put it on a new sequence, turn off linking for the clip (shift+L I think)use the razor blade at each cut point to add an edit, then slide the audio back into sync.
I think this would take more time than just capturing properly in the first place.

Manny Rodriguez
February 2nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Tim I noticed that after capturing in HDVxDV 24fps, my footage is still in sync watching the preview window in HDVxDV, the last clip I captured was 3 min, it still remained in sync. The problem that I have encountered is when I run it through CinemaTools, watching the clip then, it's out of sync. Not a biggie, I've been syncing the footage on my on as you mentioned above. It would be nice to have this problem fixed. Do you have this same issue?

Tim Dashwood
February 2nd, 2006, 08:00 PM
Tim I noticed that after capturing in HDVxDV 24fps, my footage is still in sync watching the preview window in HDVxDV, the last clip I captured was 3 min, it still remained in sync. The problem that I have encountered is when I run it through CinemaTools, watching the clip then, it's out of sync. Not a biggie, I've been syncing the footage on my on as you mentioned above. It would be nice to have this problem fixed. Do you have this same issue?

Manny, have you tried skipping the cinema tools step and just using your exported clips in FCP? They will be true 24fps, but they should still work fine in a 23.98 sequence, without losing sync.