View Full Version : No Audio In The Exported Aic M2t Stream

Bruce Meyers
February 2nd, 2006, 02:10 AM
I have captured the clips but one in particular, its audio when viewed in the m2t stream in VLC player is fine however when I export it to AIC codec with Hdvxdv as per mr. dashwood's workflow outline, the exported clip which is in actuality only 30 minutes is 6 hours 42 minutes and 55 seconds and the audio is missing for half of the actual 30 minutes of footage. This is the only clip that does this, the m2t stream is fine, it plays all the audio AND in sync. What's the issue here, what should I do?

Tim Dashwood
February 2nd, 2006, 02:25 AM
I have captured the clips but one in particular, its audio when viewed in the m2t stream in VLC player is fine however when I export it to AIC codec with Hdvxdv as per mr. dashwood's workflow outline, the exported clip which is in actuality only 30 minutes is 6 hours 42 minutes and 55 seconds and the audio is missing for half of the actual 30 minutes of footage. This is the only clip that does this, the m2t stream is fine, it plays all the audio AND in sync. What's the issue here, what should I do?

You've corrupted the m2t by capturing over a break. Try marking an in and out in Mpegstreamclip (with the i and o keys) to mark the "good" section of the m2t, then "save as" under a new name. You should then be able to convert it to AIC.

Bruce Meyers
February 2nd, 2006, 03:55 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is mpegstreamclip? Where do I find/get it. After converting more files with HDVxDV I notice that another clip is showing the same problem, the trouble is I have 7 hours of footage and have to borrow the camera of a very busy fellow in order to capture since my old HD100 had to be returned on account of "reveresed polarity". What do you mean by work convert. Where does one get mpegstreamclip?

Tim Dashwood
February 2nd, 2006, 04:47 AM
Where does one get mpegstreamclip?

http://www.alfanet.it/squared5/mpegstreamclip.html

It's free.

Bruce Meyers
February 2nd, 2006, 07:15 PM
Every clip's audio is out of sync... why is this so? I asked if there is a formula, what I mean is, is the sync problem a result of some 23.98/24 disparity? Do I have to Slow the audio a certain percentage... why does audio/video play fine in sync in the transport stream?

Tim Dashwood
February 2nd, 2006, 08:12 PM
Every clip's audio is out of sync... why is this so? I asked if there is a formula, what I mean is, is the sync problem a result of some 23.98/24 disparity? Do I have to Slow the audio a certain percentage... why does audio/video play fine in sync in the transport stream?

Have you been capturing across start/stop breaks? If so, this is why every clip has out of sync audio. Do a test on a short clip and see if it is out of sync. If it is, then try skipping the Cinema Tools step. Is it still out of sync?
Cinema Tools does slow the audio rate the same amount it slows the video rate, therefore maintaining sync.