View Full Version : importing power point

Aldo Visaggio
February 3rd, 2006, 01:49 PM
I need to import power point slides into FCP. Has anyone done this? and if so can you provide some guidlines or tips as to the best format to convert the slides, file size and resolution.
Many Thanks, Aldo

Glenn Davidson
February 3rd, 2006, 02:49 PM
I just finished importing 500 powerpoint slides to be edited with video footage. I exported from PowerPoint as .tif then used PhotoShop elements to batch convert them to the proper size. I originaly set them at DV size of 720X480, but realized that some of the text was cutting off when viewed through the FCP 'video safe' overlay. Although they looked fine on my monitor and TV set, FCP said the text may get cut off on some sets, so I then reduced them by 20 percent of 720X480 and they look great.

Aldo Visaggio
February 3rd, 2006, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the great info and quick response. This will be very helpful.
Aldo

Nate Schmidt
February 3rd, 2006, 03:53 PM
If you have a copy of Apple keynote 2 (or 3) you can open power point presentations and export them as Quicktime movies in whatever size (and codec I think) that you want

Dave Perry
February 3rd, 2006, 10:18 PM
You can also export from the Mac version of PP to QT movies as well. However, the PP transitions many time get screwed up in the transformation. We get a fair amount of this and I hate it when someone asks "Can you put our power point presentation on DVD?"