View Full Version : Final Cut express v1 audio issues

Rob Hochberg
February 5th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Yes, I'm using FCE V1. I got it for free, so don't hate. Whenever I import a song file (from my iTunes music folder, if it makes a difference) the audio quality on the song is terrible. It pops, jumps levels some, etc. They are .mp3 files. I don't understand what's going on. Anyone have a solution?

Duane Smith
February 5th, 2006, 10:59 PM
I haven't done quite what you are doing (and I don't have that software version anyways) but I always export .MP3 files out as .AIFF files before I import them into Final Cut....and I never have any problems doing it that way.

So I'd suggest trying a test to see if the problem goes away with an .AIFF audio file instead of an .MP3 file.

Rob Hochberg
February 5th, 2006, 11:15 PM
I haven't done quite what you are doing (and I don't have that software version anyways) but I always export .MP3 files out as .AIFF files before I import them into Final Cut....and I never have any problems doing it that way.

So I'd suggest trying a test to see if the problem goes away with an .AIFF audio file instead of an .MP3 file.

I will try it. What's the best way to convert the files?

Nate Schmidt
February 6th, 2006, 11:40 AM
I always just use iTunes. In the advanced tab of the preferences you click on importing and choose AIFF 48khz. then bring your mp3's into iTunes and right click and choose convert to AIFF

Duane Smith
February 6th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yup, I use iTunes to convert as well.

Please post back and let us know if it works!

Rob Hochberg
February 13th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Worked perfectly. Thanks for the help everyone.