View Full Version : cleaning the viewfinder

Nathaniel McInnes
February 6th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Hi can someone help me quickly. i to clean the veiwfinder. i put some tissue paper there think it will make it better but then when i took it out it make the problem worse because of the fibers coming off the paper. can anyone suggest any way of cleaning it? would compresed air work. at the moment i have been putting a damp cotton bud in it and the suck out all the dirt with a hover.

Sean Hansen
February 14th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Let it dry, then use compressed air to get it out. Safest way not to scratch or mark your viewfinder.

Travis Cossel
February 14th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I have a hair INSIDE my viewfinder. Any idea how to get that out? It's right in the middle (of course) and it's really annoying.

Graham Bernard
February 14th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I have a hair INSIDE my viewfinder. Any idea how to get that out? It's right in the middle (of course) and it's really annoying.

Rock up the v/f and underneath you will see a wee trap door - it's where the Hairy Pixies get into play about! - and a tiny "snap" latch. Gentky snap forward the latch towards the eye piece lens and the whole door will pop out! Do this procedure/manoeuvre over a table with a large sheet of WHITE paper. This is so you get to find the door when it pops out - oh yes! Be very VERY careful.

I then blow in carefully. Haven't tried canned air yet.

Grazie

Travis Cossel
February 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Ahh, I figured it was a lost cause. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!