View Full Version : Shake

Alex Beaupre
February 6th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Hey all,
Just curious if anyone uses Shake, and if they had any tips on where to go to get further training, wether it be a website, DVDs, classes or anything else. Thanks for your time.

Alex B.

Kevin Calumpit
February 7th, 2006, 12:46 AM
I dont know your learning style but i always seem to learn stuff in a class type setting...so heres a link to "apples" "training centers"
http://www.apple.com/software/pro/training/centers.php

Heres some DVDs from this company CMI studios that i keep reading good reviews about. Plus they have some free tutorials you can check out as well.

www.cmistudios.com

and i dont know much about this one but again DVD style
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/shk_ble.html

hope this helps.....let me know how it goes cuz i just got shake myself and i kinda would like to know how to use it...since i bought it and all.....

Glenn Chan
February 7th, 2006, 12:56 AM
The tutorials that come with Shake are very good, as is its manual.

The Apple Pro Training Series title on Shake is also very good. More so that the same series on other application (well, just Final Cut Pro- that one is boring to go through).

2- I have another title from Gnomon (digital matte painting cityscapes) and it's very nice.

Alex Beaupre
February 7th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Thank you for your replies, I'm gonna check all of it out. Thanks again.

Alex B.

Nick Jushchyshyn
February 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Shake is an absolutely fantastic and powerful compositing tool!
Quite addicting, actually, once you've gotten your head around the nodal compositing process.

For training: PixelCorps.
Tons of learn-at-your-own-pace, downloadable video training, plus SD and HD practice shots to work with. (Not to mention loads of experienced users on the private forums to help answer questions).

Joe Winchester
February 8th, 2006, 11:12 PM
It's a tough app to just sit down and learn. I've done this with all of the other programs I use, FCP, aftereffects, etc... but Shake isn't as intuitive as these others (to me at least). Definitely a book or the tutorials that come with it. A class would be great, but you move at a slower pace. Either way, a little help is always a good thing!