View Full Version : GL2 Mack warranty

William Lane
February 21st, 2006, 09:46 PM
My GL2 was delivered today and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who contribute to this forum for providing information about the pros and cons of this camera. This is my first prosumer camera and I have a long learning curve ahead of me. I purchased the camera from B&H back in NY and was pleased with the price and the service. I also purchased a 4 year Mack warranty on the camera. Can anybody tell me about their experience with dealing with Mack?

John Astad
February 22nd, 2006, 07:14 AM
I purchased a GL-2 on Ebay last month with a Mack transferable warranty http://www.mackcam.com/ . After receiving the camera, I immediately went to their helpful website and found a contact number and called to make sure the transferable warranty was valid, which it was. Furthermore, I was able to talk to a real live person without being put on hold regarding the transfer process. Within a week of sending the required documents in for the transfer, I checked up on their website and sure enough the transfer was complete in my name. So far great service, hopefully I'll never have to use them for a camcorder repair.

Steve Olds
February 22nd, 2006, 08:17 AM
One thing you can do is to send in your camera once a year to get the heads cleaned for free. All you have to do is pay to have it fedx or what ever to them. Mine came back in a week 2nd day UPS!