View Full Version : Private Classifieds thread screening?

Fred Finn
March 7th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Are the Classifieds threads being screened? I've noticed it takes quite a while for a post to appear. A sticky might be helpful for now. It's hard to tell whether it is a browser/end user error or not.

Fred

Chris Hurd
March 7th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Sorry, it's a forum software glitch. I'm working on it.

Chris Hurd
March 18th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Okay, I'm pretty sure this has been fixed, finally.

Ben Winter
May 18th, 2006, 01:39 PM
and now they're gone?

EDIT: guess not. They were non-existant on my computer for a while :(

Boyd Ostroff
May 18th, 2006, 01:48 PM
That might happen if you weren't logged in to the website and were browsing as a guest. You should see your name at the top of the page, "Welcome back, Ben Winter..."

Dan Keaton
May 18th, 2006, 03:41 PM
After reading the previous post, I noticed that I could not find the Classifieds either.

Then I noticed that I was not logged in. This was very unusual, as I do not normally have to log in. When I click on dvinfo.net in my browser, I normally go to the site, and I am automatically logged in.

I do not know if this is a problem on my computer, or at the site.

I logged in and everything was then ok.

Greg Boston
May 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
After reading the previous post, I noticed that I could not find the Classifieds either.

Then I noticed that I was not logged in. This was very unusual, as I do not normally have to log in. When I click on dvinfo.net in my browser, I normally go to the site, and I am automatically logged in.

I do not know if this is a problem on my computer, or at the site.

I logged in and everything was then ok.

The automatic login uses a couple of cookies stored on your hard drive. Did you by chance clean out your cookies? I like Firefox cause I can tell it to leave these behind while I get rid of the others.

-gb-

Bob Diffenderfer
June 26th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I know I am new, but I do have some equipment to sell. Can I post on the classifieds? Where are they, I can't find them.

http://www.digitalcinema.tv

Boyd Ostroff
June 26th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Welcome to DVinfo Bob. Unfortunately, due to past problems, the Classifieds forum is restricted to members who have been with us for awhile. After about 3 months time you will be able to access the Classifieds. Sorry...

Chris Hurd
June 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Access to our Classifieds is a privilege earned by membership over time.

Boyd Ostroff
July 3rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
Welcome to DVinfo Brian. Unfortunately, this is not the place to advertise your items for sale, it's merely a thread discussing the classified ads. New members are not able to view or post classified ads until they've been with us for awhile. See my post followed by Chris' post above.

Lisa Shofner
September 29th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I've been a member for about 48 days now. I've read that the classifieds show up after 30. I've logged out, cleared cookies, logged back in (today) - no classifieds showing up. I also clicked a link to a classifieds forum and it still says I have no permissions. Is the wait actually 60 days?

Also, this is a little OT but - Chris, did you get my email about my name change? I haven't heard anything back about that.

Thanks

Rob Lohman
September 29th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Lisa: Chris is currently out of town. If he hasn't responded somewhere next
week I'd shoot him another email.

Lisa Shofner
September 29th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Ah ok. Thank you Rob. I'll be patient

Chris Hurd
September 29th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I see it -- I'll try to get Lisa's account info updated tonight.

Manny Caras
November 19th, 2006, 11:58 PM
I've been a member since Oct 5 and I cannot see a link to the classifieds section. How long is the actual wait before you get access?

Manny.

Steve Maller
November 20th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I see it -- I'll try to get Lisa's account info updated tonight.

Me too! Me too! :)