View Full Version : Printing Log Notes in FCP

Hans Damkoehler
March 17th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Maybe I'm just too used to my old Avid but I thought for sure there would be a way to print all of my bin information (especially log notes) from Final Cut. However, I can't seem to find a command anywhere to do this. Anybody out there in the same situation? What did you do?

Thanks!

Hans Damkoehler
March 17th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Well, I couldn't find this in the manuals but I exported a batch list and it gave me what I needed ... and then some! I do wish there was an easier way to get my bins printed but this will work.

Tim Dashwood
March 18th, 2006, 06:36 AM
Yeah. You can just export the batch list, then open it in Excel and sort, then print it any way you want. Exporting as a batch list just creates a tabbed text file.

Kris Holodak
December 3rd, 2007, 04:17 PM
I kept thinking there had to be a simple answer and I searched every forum I could think of trying to find it. I had looked at the batch list as a text file and it just looked like chaos and I didn't know what to do with it. Suddenly it all makes sense. The only thing it doesn't seem to do is include is marker notes within clips. Do you know of any way to get it to do that?

Smile,
Kris

Matthew Pugerude
December 3rd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Hey guys this is a plug-in and I am not sure how is works but here is a link
http://www.digital-heaven.co.uk/finalprint/

For a program called Final Print.

Andy Mees
December 3rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Kris

You can trim down the morass of data that you do get by hiding the columns in the browser window list view before you export ... but you can't get Markers, its not supported.

Final Print (link above) is excellent and does provide annotated marker info and thumbnails ... fabulous for printing out illustrated storyboards/visualisations of the edit structure - well worth the money if you're doing this regularly

Also take a look at Andreas Kiel's free "readxml" which is an old but excellent tool for retrieving all manner of data from an XML export of your project/bin/sequence/clip
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools/readXML/index.html