View Full Version : Double system and FCP

Tim Gray
March 21st, 2006, 06:53 AM
I have a bunch of material that was shot double system that I am editing on FCP. Syncing up the audio files to the recorded DV is no problem. However, it would be nice if I could either delete all the 2 audio tracks from the DV video or just mute all the 2 audio tracks from all the DV clips. Is this possible to do all at once, or do I have to do it one at a time?

I know I can mute audio tracks one and two on the time line, but it would be nice if I could do this from the browser, so I don't have the DV audio tracks playing when I have a clip playing in the viewer.

Andrew Khalil
March 22nd, 2006, 07:37 AM
what I would do is create a multicam sequence using only the video then drag to the time line, delete the audio tracks from the multiclips and replace them with the audio track you'd like to use and sync it on the timeline.

Zach Mull
March 22nd, 2006, 03:32 PM
You can also use the Merge Clips command in the browser to create combined clips based on either the timecode or the in points of the video and audio clips. I know you can do this by entering auxiliary timecode for one of the clips as well, but I don't remember exactly how to do this.