View Full Version : a days shoot.

Michael Russell
March 22nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
I just got a tape back from my shooter and the footage is what I would describe as a mix between digital artifacts and posterized. His is a new camera, a JVC, and I am not sure if his cam is broken, a menu setting is off or what.

THE QUESTION:
Any advanced menus or something that I might try in other words a different codec or something.

It is glaring to me and I am sure would be to the users of this forum, the client says it is not a big deal. I cannot use it but would like to save a days wroth of shooting.

Thanks as always...

Mike Russell

I edit on a G5 Dual with latest FCP update.

Shane Ross
March 22nd, 2006, 05:30 PM
Playing the tape from the camera...does it have these artifacts? If so, no change in codec will help...that is they way it was recorded.

Have you cleaned the camera heads lately?

Nathan Chaszeyka
March 25th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Try playing it back on a different camera. I had a similar issue that happened one time and one time only to me. The footage looked like it was completely shot in artifacts and full of drop outs. I played it back on a different camera and everything was fine, I then replayed it in the camcorder it was shot on and everything was fine. I assumed that somehow a piece of dust had gotten stuck to the head and was ruining the picture on playback. When I removed the tape and cleaned it with compressed air it must have cleared the debris causing the problem.