View Full Version : gl2 slow smooth motion playback

Richard Tamayo
April 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM
I am not sure where to post,so here I go. I was looking for experienced Gl2 cam owners that use there cam for wedding videos. I like the slow smooth footage I have seen from videos that videoagraphors have posted in the past.
What advice on settings could you give a newbee as far as shooting with his gl2 to achieve this sort of footage. i will edit in premiere 6.0. Thanks

David Ennis
April 2nd, 2006, 08:13 AM
1. Shoot in frame mode. It will eliminate the comb-like edges that the normal 60i produces on moving edges.

2. Use a faster shutter speed than the usual 1/60 second if the light permits. It doesn't increase the frame rate, but it will the reduce blurring in each frame.

John Wheeler
April 2nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
Richard

I've found that I can get very nice and smooth slow motion ..by shooting in 60i mode ...with a 120 shutter .....when you slow your footage down ...experiment with some sort of re-sampling. ....which is basically ..the software ..creating new inbetween frames ...to smooth out the slow motion.
(the only catch is, you will lose some resolution. Sometimes it's noticeable, other times it's not)

here is some footage i shot, as an example.

www.elpez.com/slowmo2.wmv

j.

Richard Tamayo
April 3rd, 2006, 07:50 AM
Is there some software that will do a nice job for me slowing my wedding video down? Since the wedding video is already shot.

Dale Guthormsen
April 3rd, 2006, 07:19 PM
Richard,

the best program is Twixtor, about 300 dollars. you can download free Motion Perfect and use it on trial. you might try that.

The standard post slo mo should do the job if you have good lighting.

definitely the Frame mode with a slightly faster shutter is excellent advice.

Dale