View Full Version : settings gs400

Dimitri De Keukelaere
April 12th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Hey everybody,

Last time I filmed I turned my settings of my camera to film in b-w. But what happened next, after a while when your camera stands on to long it shuts of automaticly. So when I turned my camera back on, the setting( b-w) is gone and I'm back to color. Is there some kind of way to lock this kind of setting because it's rather annoying tbh :-)

Leigh Wanstead
April 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Hi Dimitri De Keukelaere,

May I ask how you turn your setting of gs400 to film in b-w?

TIA

Regards
Leigh

Dimitri De Keukelaere
April 13th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Hi Leigh,

I go to my menu, than to "digital" and than under "effects 2"

Mathieu Ghekiere
April 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Hi Dimitri,

I think the best is for you to shoot in colour and afterwards turn it to black and white. You can get much more control over your final picture in that case.

Second, I don't know the GS400 very well, but some prosumer cameras have a kind of standby-mode which keeps the settings, you should check the manual of the GS400 if you can find such a mode in it.

Joshua Provost
April 13th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Dimitri,

I have not found a way to make the B&W effect stick between power cycles.

However, I have to say that if you are sure you want B&W it is best to do it in-camera. It create a less complex picture, easier for the camera to encode, so the quality ends up better, a very optimized use of the bits available in DV.

Josh

Guy Bruner
April 13th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Switch the ca

Guy Bruner
April 13th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Sorry for the extra post but the forum software won't allow me to edit my post even seconds after I made it.

Switch the cam to photoshot mode then switch it back when you are ready to shoot video again.

Leigh Wanstead
April 14th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Hi Dimitri,

Thanks

Regards
Leigh

Hi Leigh,

I go to my menu, than to "digital" and than under "effects 2"

Dimitri De Keukelaere
April 14th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Sorry for the extra post but the forum software won't allow me to edit my post even seconds after I made it.

Switch the cam to photoshot mode then switch it back when you are ready to shoot video again.

And how do you put on the photoshot mode? I tried the wheel next to the battery to switch the modes, but none of them seem to work and none of them are called photoshot mode.
So if you could tell me where do I change this mode so I could test it :-)

many thanks Dimitri

Guy Bruner
April 14th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Photoshot=still photo=red camera icon on the mode dial.