View Full Version : Partner for XM2

Steve Carter
May 17th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I wonder if I could call on the vast expertise and experience of the members here.

I am filming a wedding in July and need a second camera for my assistant (the wife!). I have an XM2 myself and I will be doing most of the shooting, but my wife films the bride getting ready (she won't let me do that bit unfortunately), and I want to edit that with my footage of the groom getting ready.

Unfortunately, whenever I have done this before, it has shown how poor the quality of the second camera is, compared with the XM2.

What I would like is a good quality camera, without having to spend as much for another XM2. The boss (again, my wife) has set a budget of about £600.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have looked at cheaper 3CCD models, but they're Panasonics! Are they any good?

Appreciate any advice you can give.

David Ennis
May 17th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I have a GL2 and a Pansonic GS200. The Pany stands up to the GL2 very nicely until the illumination gets down to the level of typical home lighting in the evening, where the GL2 is obviously going to outclass it. For daylight or well lit interiors the Pany is fine. When shooting the same scene with the two cameras some color correction is required in post, but for your application even that won't be an issue.

Steve Carter
May 18th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Thanks Fred, that's just what I was looking for.

Anyone else got any suggestions?