View Full Version : Dual camera case for GL2?

Chris Davis
May 31st, 2006, 06:46 AM
I'd like to find one camera case to hold two GL2s securely. Any suggestions? I've tried to google what I'm looking for, but I haven't found anything.

Graham Bernard
May 31st, 2006, 07:05 AM
I use this. It hold one nose down and then one across the bottom. You can configure - as I have done - the compartment's as you wish.

I got the EXTRA 4-wheel "trolley"; used it countless times around and about London, on and off the Underground; wheeled it over pavements and up and down curbs.

It has a nifty top trap door allowing you quick and easy to one camera WITOUT needing disgorge the whole contents!!

You can backpack it as it comes with integral foldaway shoulder and waist (?) harness.

http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=260&cid=28&perentId=4&ProdLine=4

Grazie

Graham Bernard
May 31st, 2006, 07:08 AM
This shows off the top flap-door openning beter!

http://www.video-direct.com/accessories/kata/kata-bp-502-camera-backpack.html

.. and another

http://www.cambags.com/canon/1d/backpack/kata_bp-502_desc.htm

Dale Guthormsen
May 31st, 2006, 10:49 PM
Grazie,

do you think you could get an xl2 and the gl2 in the bag???

dale

Graham Bernard
May 31st, 2006, 11:24 PM
Grazie,

do you think you could get an xl2 and the gl2 in the bag???

dale

I'm not sure. The XL2 is one helluva camera! I guess it will depend on:

* How much of the XL2 you can remove/collapse AND still have the ability to unzip the hatch and quickly shoot.

* Just exactly where the highest point on the XL2 comes? I have XM2 cameras arranged in an inverted "T" configuration - with one of the cameras tucked snugly right down at ground level, going from side to side. Remember that when the trolley is tilted to trundle along, the lowest camera is now no longer at the lowest point. It is ONLY at rest the trolley is upright and the lowest camera is way low. BUT, the bottom of the bag is - IMHO - very well protected PLUS you have the bars of the trolley acting as a first line of protection too.

* Your ability to reconfigure the innards of the compartments. Meaning just what extras you can hide in various compartments. NOTE: all the insides can be rearranged to the point that you ca make it COMPLETELY empty. KATA uses this Velcro and wall system that is very flexible, and you can "cut" wall sections to meet your needs.

But, of course Dale, I'd go along to a stockist and try it out. I wouldn't know IF this is an option for where you are based. I'm fortunate living in London having a veritable Smorgasbord of Kit-Houses to visit.

It IS a rather excellent bag though!! I use a Miller Trip, and even bagged up it is too bulky to use the KATA trip shoes. So what I do is "poke" it through the handle of the trolley and wrap the trip bag's shoulder belt around the handle of the trolley! Looks like a piece of field artillery when done - but it works AND it takes the weight of my aging limbs too!!

If you can't do what you want with the 502, then maybe a bigger bag? KATA do do bigger bags. For me, the 502 is big enough but managable enough to run around London. It just works.

Grazie

Dale Guthormsen
June 2nd, 2006, 11:12 PM
Grazie,
thanks for the details on how you use your bag. Tonight I was shuffling bags about as my porta brace is great for camera but not that useful for accessories. I pretty much have to tote three bags if I am taking my gl2 as well.
I live nowhere near any place to check out video gear. I am planning on being in england next easter flying into heathrow and then down toward bristol. I will have to try and get to one of the shops you mention!!

dale