View Full Version : NV GS5 Tape Problems!

Charence Wong
May 31st, 2006, 06:13 PM
Hello,

My Panasonic MiniDV camcorder has problems with recording and playback of any tape, it will give the errors "Please re-operate after pushing reset button" and "To service" and returns the error code F02.

I've sent the camcorder back to be repaired several times now but the problem always reappears after a few hours. I contacted Panasonic about this, but they don't seem to be very helpful, saying that there aren't any issues with their products.

Has anybody else experienced similar problems or knows how to solve it? My warranty has now expired and sending it back to the service centre seems expensive and not much use since the previous repairs have not fixed it.

This problem is quite annoying because the camcorder cost over £600 when it was bought and I don't use it that often, only on holidays and it hasn't been used throughout 2005 because it was broken, so the problems shouldn't be caused by excessive use.

If anybody has any advice, I'd be very grateful.

Charence

Guy Bruner
May 31st, 2006, 07:37 PM
Hi Charence,
Your problem is a supply reel lock on the tape transport. See this. (http://media.pana3ccduser.com/wiki/index.php?Service%20Menu%20and%20Error%20Codes) There are lots of reasons why this could occur. It is probably due to a misalignment or malfunction in the tape transport mechanism.

I would contact Panasonic directly and ask for dispensation since you have had the problem through the warranty period and have not received satisfactory repair results.

Charence Wong
June 1st, 2006, 04:21 PM
Thank you for your reply Guy.
I'll contact Panasonic.