View Full Version : Camera error - Blue dot on footage

Troy Haines
June 3rd, 2006, 02:38 AM
Hi,

I have a JVC GR HD1 camcorder. Now when I capture video all footage has a light blue dot at the bottom right hand side of the footage. This seems to have started maybe a few months ago.

I have tried the following:

1. Different tapes >> same problem
2. Used cleaning tape >> same problem
3. cleaned front of lens >> same problem
4. recorded with LCD and without >> same problem

When recording footage using the LCD I can see a faint bluelike pixel in the bottom right of the screen.

Could anyone offer suggestions as to what to do to resolve this error?? Has anyone experienced this type of problem before??

Camera owes me a small fortune and is out of warranty so I'm shaking in my boots.

Many thanks in advance for any feedback.

Ken Hodson
June 3rd, 2006, 02:31 PM
I would contact JVC tech support, and see what they have to say. They should be able to give you a local repair depot.

Martin Mayer
June 4th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Sounds like a "stuck" pixel on the CCD. :-(

Carlos Rodriguez
June 20th, 2006, 05:54 PM
I have a similar problem. At first I thought it was just on the LCD screen, but when I saw it played back on the computer, I saw the dot on the screen also. It's a white dot. Dead pixel I'm pretty sure...

Bummer.

Hugo Pinto
August 10th, 2006, 06:39 AM
New CCD block should be about 180 USD (150 EUR) + service.

I had mine fixed. When it gets back, be sure to screw in a wide lens adapter and check for asymmetric vignetting - sometimes they "forget" to line up the optical stabilizer. It happened to me, but it's an easy - almost instant - fix.

Best

Hugo

Troy Haines
August 27th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I sent the camera off to a jvc repair centre of replaced the ccd for free out of goodwill. Apprently the ccd is a sony and was known to have some faults.

Cheers

John Lorince
August 30th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I used to get blue, green, and if remember correctly even red dots after the camera was on for a real long time. I did have the ccd replaced and have not tested under long running times yet. I did get a full concert dvd done with it that will be in stores november 21st.

www.capturemotiondvd.com