View Full Version : Chris Hurd don't flog me but I just had to

Steven Davis
June 14th, 2006, 08:13 PM
I had to post this for nothing other than a topic of conversation.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Stablizer-for-Professional-Shoulder-camera_W0QQitemZ7628461086QQihZ017QQcategoryZ3319QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohost ing

If I'm flogged, my defense will be I'm sick as a dog.

Pete Bauer
June 14th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Ha! You're right, ebay stuff is normally not allowed. But if it can make me laugh out loud sitting in my home office between periods of the Stanley Cup finals, it should officially qualify as parody!

But then, maybe I'll also laugh if Chris flogs you. (Watching hockey can make you mean like that) ;-) Ah, what the heck, I'll just flog you now..."you know, you'll have much better relations with the opposite gender if you spend less time trolling ebay for that kind of silliness!"

There, now assuming I can squeeze onto the sofa between my half-sleeping wife and the two fully-sleeping dogs, I can go back to watching the hockey game on TV feeling good about this. With a stop by the fridge first of course. Hope you feel better soon, Steven.

Mikko Wilson
June 15th, 2006, 04:01 AM
What's so funny?

I know, and have worked with, news vans (belonging to a national station) that have those built in for the cameras.

I'd petition for it be alowed to stay posted though, I think it has educational value.

- Mikko

Mark Bournes
June 15th, 2006, 07:59 AM
You're right news crew use them in their vans, but let's be realistic, for $10 you can buy a sheet of plywood and find some nails laying around the garage and build this thing in 5 minutes. $40.00 + shipping what is this guy smoking? Then again I'm going to watch it, if it actually sells I might have to make a trip to home depot this weekend and start building these things. There could be a market for these.
Materials $10.00, effort 5 minutes, someone stupid enough to buy it = priceless.

Mark

Daniel Wang
September 9th, 2006, 12:43 AM
The sat trucks I work in always have a camera cage. Solid steel, double deadbolt locks, and the combo cable lock to the lever on the QR plate. Of course, if there's someone inside we dont do the complete lockup, but if no one is inside all locked up.

That just seems like a poor excuse from inbetween management and engineering.