View Full Version : quesetion re: possibility to conform from 24p to 60p

Michael MK Siu
June 19th, 2006, 02:47 AM
We are shooting with a Panasonic HVX200 and have ~3 hours of footage that was captured without the advanced pulldown feature enabled in the P2 import box.

To fix this, I mistakenly tried the Cinema Tools conform feature to "conform" the footage to 24fps. This didn't remove the pulldown, but rather just slowed everything down, esentially stretching out time, making both my video and audio tracks unusable.

Unfortunately, there seems no way to conform the footage back to 60fps because the conform window only allows 24 and 30fps conversions. I need a 60fps conform technique. Is there a way to fix the footage?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
MK

Ben Balser
July 5th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Once the pull down is done, the extra frames the HVX adds to make it 60fps are gone for good. No way to get them back. But if you drop it into a 60fps timeline, it'll conform it to 60fps. Drop the 24fps clip into a 60fps Sequence and export it as a self contained QT movie.

Or, don't use the pull down on import, and if you need it, do it via Cinema Tools or the Apple DVCPRO-HD Frame Rate Converter. I'd recommend the FRC initially.

Michael MK Siu
July 5th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Brad,

Thanks for your replies.

But I want to clarify a bit - the clips had not been through a pulldown, but rather a restamping of the frame rate.

All the frame are there, accept instead of playing at 59.94 fps, they are now conformed to play at 23.98 fps. Thus, slowing down all the clips much like a slow motion effect.

I'd like to know if there's anyway to conform the clips (restamp the frame rate) back to 59.94, the original speed that the clips came in at. And going through cinema tools, the only options for conform are 23.98 / 24 / 25 / and 29.97. But no 59.94.

Thanks again for your help.

Yours,
MK