View Full Version : Question about the media mangaer

Nate Schmidt
June 23rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Ok all here's my question. If I capture a whole tape of wedding footage and use DV Start/Stop detection to create segments how do I use the media manager to create smaller media files on my hard drive for each of my clips?

Dean Sensui
June 25th, 2006, 09:30 PM
In Media Manager you can tell it to delete unused parts of the sequence in a copy of the sequences you select.

In my own workflow I just have FCP copy the whole tape as a single huge clip. I'll mark the start and end of the tape, log the in and out points, then capture the entire tape.

The tpe then gets cut up, individual clips logged if necessary -- or if time permits -- then the finished sequence gets media managed.

Nate Schmidt
June 27th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I'm gonna bump this thread and add a bit to my question. What I want is individual media files because when I try to send one of my subclips over to STP for audio clean up it sends the entire master clip ie the whole tape is there a way around this?

Jason Varner
July 3rd, 2006, 06:42 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding but you can just set in and out points on the clip then export audio only. Just remember to drop a marker so you know where to put it back in. Good Luck, Jason.