View Full Version : A newbie's question:

Denis Danatzko
June 26th, 2006, 05:41 AM
After logging on here, I often peruse some of the older topics to get info without posting questions that have been asked before. (though things change so fast in this industry that it seems each day brings at least one question that has never been asked).

While searching older topics, it seems I often get logged out through some kind of "timeout" feature.

Is there a time limit on this site, after which we are automatically logged out? It seems to happen most often after starting a reply to a post and not finishing that reply within a couple of minutes. If I have to walk away from the keyborad for something, it seems I get logged off. Haven't timed it yet, but it seems to be very short...maybe about 3 to 5 mins. Is there some setting on my machine that I must make? Help...having to log back in relatively frequently is annoying. (Granted, not earth-shattering...but annoying).

Chris Hurd
June 26th, 2006, 06:54 AM
I'm aware of that bug, and I apologize for it. It's on our short list of things to fix around here.

Rob Lohman
June 26th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Denis: also make sure you tick the checkbox that says something along the
lines of "remember me" when you log in to DV Info.

Hugh DiMauro
July 3rd, 2006, 10:00 AM
Hey Chris:

Maybe you can give this website a shot of Captain Morgan. I bet then it wouldn't log people out so quickly!

Chris Hurd
July 3rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hey Hugh, I'm still trying to finalize the subsidy by Shiner.

Hugh DiMauro
July 3rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Shiner... As in Shiner Bock? Dude, you ought to try the other Bock style beers from Michelob. Also, if you can find it, try and ferret out that 12 pack of beers called "Beers of America." They come in a wooden tool chest looking carry case. VERY very good beer. I would not steer you wrong, Detective Sergeant Hurd.

Chris Hurd
July 3rd, 2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks Hugh, I wouldn't expect a Yankee to understand, but down here, Shiner's where it's at.

Mike Teutsch
July 3rd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Too much Shiner's or Captain Morgan and the site may never recognize us in the first place! :)