View Full Version : Voice over ??

Robert Bale
July 2nd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Hello people,
I am working on my DVD project and need to add some voice overs, The question is with all of the audio filters in FCP what is a good one or two to give that good deep radio sound, ???

i also have sound track pro never used it :-(

rob.

Dean Sensui
July 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Robert...

To get that sound you'll need a good condenser mic and a room that has very good acoustics. Being surrounded by proper sound absorbtion materials will help control unwanted audio reflections and help provide that crisp sound you're looking for.

Of course, having talent with that deep, crisp DJ voice is a good starting point! :-)

Nate Schmidt
July 3rd, 2006, 09:36 PM
If you use an EQ filter in either FCP or STP boost the low frequencies a little to give some richness to the voice.

Ben Balser
July 5th, 2006, 10:19 AM
1- use a good studio quality compressor between the mic and your recording device (like your camera). Those radio voices, and much of VO work, is highly compressed. EQ it in post.

Bill Mecca
July 6th, 2006, 06:05 PM
The most important factor is the voice and someone who knows how to use it. The rest are just tools, that in the right hands can be made to do many things, hmm I guess that goes for the voice as well. ;-)

Robert Bale
July 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks to all the EQ Filters a tops.

rob.