View Full Version : fx1 footage from fce hd 3.5 to 16:9 quicktime?

Michael Donne
July 10th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Hi
Hi

I'm new to both the fx1 and fce hd 3.5 so this is bound to be my stupidity but i just cant seem to export a quicktime movie that doesnt stretch vertically.

I've tried so many connotations of export-using qt conversion-format as mpeg4-options to control aspect ratio.....but havent hit on anything succesful.

There's a few posts that seem to cover fcp but i cant seem to apply the advice to fce hd.

I'll spend time getting to know it for sure but right now i urgently just need to get a clip out that i can email.

(fx1 hdv footage captured as hdv, no editing bar 1 fade........i actually wanted to capture downconverted but couldnt get that happening either!....another story!)

Anyone who can help just to get me past today, i'd be grateful.

Martin Mayer
July 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM
If your footage is HDV and hence 16:9, you will find QT says it's 1440x1080 rectangular pixels, and you need to resize it to 1920x1080 for square pixels, under QT's Window Menu:Movie Properties: Video Track: Visual Settings.

(Just like ordinary DV 4:3 is actually 720x576 rectangular pixels, and needs to be resized to 768x576 for square pixels.)

Not sure you'll get anything small enough to email, though!

( BTW: You're in PAL land, right? )

Michael Donne
July 12th, 2006, 07:20 AM
sorry to be slow Martin in offering my thanks. I got a result in the end....not sure i'm still entirely in control of it but at least now i have time to read around the subject so thanks again for saving me on the day!