View Full Version : JVC selling HD10U "B-stock" for $1100 US.

Tim Dashwood
August 20th, 2006, 04:50 PM
http://pro.jvc.com/pro/store/storefront.html

Not a bad deal!

Steve Nunez
August 20th, 2006, 09:42 PM
What does JVC consider "B" stock?

Nick Weeks
August 20th, 2006, 10:31 PM
My guess is refurbished?

Dennis Sladek
August 20th, 2006, 11:29 PM
At the bottom of the order page, it says...
"B-stock are refurbished units and carry the same warranty as new models. Quantities are limited. All sales are final. No returns accepted."

Thomas Foss
August 23rd, 2006, 03:02 PM
It is a good deal with the year warrenty. Looks good except they forgot a few minor accessories (owner manual, camera strap and some cables) that they are now sending me. I will post later but it looks like new but it does say refurbished.

Giroud Francois
August 24th, 2006, 12:31 PM
if somebody is looking for such camera (HD1) i got one with an underwater case. camera almost unused (run 2 tapes), case purchased recently as second hand on this forum.
I am not really trying to sell it but since my FX1 is here, it is just taking dust.
so any realistic deal will be considered.

Steve Nunez
September 16th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Looks as if they were sold out- none listed anymore.

Xavier Agudo
September 22nd, 2006, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Giroud Francois]... i got one with an underwater case. camera almost unused (run 2 tapes), case purchased recently as second hand on this forum.

Hi Giroud, would you be willing to sell your underwater housing only? What housing is it? How deep would it go? Thanx

Giroud Francois
September 22nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
not really , i purchased the underwater case just to give some value to the camera in case of sale or in case i need this kind of special shoot (because else i have no reason to use this camera, i got an FX1 and live in a PAL country).
As soon as i can finish my underwater case for my FX1, i could change my mind, but frankly there is a looong time to wait.

Boris Missirkov
September 29th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Salut Francois,

I'm sort of interested in getting a HD1 as a B-camera to complement our HD100 for documentary work. As I don't know much about this "smaller brother", what are the frame rates you can have in PAL mode? We shoot 50p with the HD100, does the HD1 have the same setting?

If the camera and the housing are still available, have you got any idea of the price you'd want for them? You could email me offline at missirkov(AT)yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance,

Best:

Boris

Giroud Francois
September 29th, 2006, 01:20 PM
sorry but the HD1 is 60i/60p/30p
no PAL, but HDV is 1280x720 in both format, just framerate is changing.
Alone it would not be a problem, but mixing with 25p will be tricky.

Gabriel Yeager
September 29th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Would you be willing to take $375 USD (I'm on a really tight budget.)?

Please let me know!
~Gabriel~

Giroud Francois
September 29th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Sorry, i don't think so

Gabriel Yeager
September 29th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Sorry, i don't think so

Neither did I. Just thought it was worth a shot.
~Gabriel~

Hi Gabriel,

I'm really very impressed by your attitude. Good on you. Go for it. Don't let anybody discourage you or underate you because you're 14 yrs old.

Boris Missirkov
September 30th, 2006, 03:45 AM
sorry but the HD1 is 60i/60p/30p
no PAL, but HDV is 1280x720 in both format, just framerate is changing.
Alone it would not be a problem, but mixing with 25p will be tricky.

Too bad... Seems that we'll have to wait until JVC comes out with a brand new and fancy HD palmcorder.

The HD100 is great camera, but it's just too "pro-looking" for certain situations in documentary shooting - and scares the hell out of anyone around.

Best:

Boris