View Full Version : Finally bought it!

Max Mishler
March 6th, 2003, 03:45 PM
As an avid learner here over the past few weeks, I can finally say my GL2 is on it's way. As for accessories, I went with the Libec M20 tripod, Kata ccc-102 bag, zr-1000 zoom controller, Studio1 XLR-BP pro adaptor, B+W UV filter, and Power2000 945 extra battery to start. I also went ahead and got an external hard drive for extra storage as both my laptop and desktop are going to need it for editing. Thanks to this board and it's contributors, I feel I made educated and wise decisions when it came time to finally part with the cash. I look forward to moving deeper into the world of DV and remaining an active participant here and DVinfo.net.

Max

Ken Tanaka
March 6th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Bravo Max! It looks like you made some excellent selections for your outfit. You're in for some real enjoyment.

Max Mishler
March 6th, 2003, 11:37 PM
Thanks Ken. Interesting thing happened tonight at work. About 20 minutes into our show my camera (Hitachi Z-one) started to go down. By "down" I mean my battery started to die. Quickly exchanged batteries (anton bauer) to only find that the second one was also close to dead. Seems like we must've taken a power hit today and it recycled my charger thereby draining both batteries. I told our lighting director and sound guy that it was kind of ironic for my work camera to suddenly go down on the same day I ordered my GL2. Don't know what any of this has to do with anything but oh well....

Max

Steve Nunez
March 7th, 2003, 08:09 AM
It's an "omen"...... the GL2's time has come!

Bud Kuenzli
March 7th, 2003, 11:08 AM
mine is also on its way from buydig but I got a notice from fedex that it is delayed...either a problem with the plane or weather or something.

i picked up some extra batteries, a bogen monopod and an Azden SGM-2X for it. now I just have to try to find a way to make it pay for itself. :) it's exciting to move up to this after using my little -ahem- zr10. :)

it's going to get a workout in disneyland in a week or two with my grandson

Allan Reichert
March 7th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Bud, you will LOVE IT when it arrives! I got mine (guess the plane mine was on slipped past the bad weather) in two days, and it is a sweetheart!

Sounds like the extra stuff and your new GL2 will be the "cat's meow".

Enjoy...

Bud Kuenzli
March 8th, 2003, 01:15 AM
i'm so psyched. looking over the manual, zooming in on everything...want to check out the pre-sets...gotta get ready for disneyland and So Cal in a week. :)

Ken Tanaka
March 8th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Good for you, Bud! Charge those batteries, pack those tapes, grab the grandkids and go say hello to Mickey!