View Full Version : Vote for or against a Canopus forum

Chris Hurd
September 20th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Howdy from Texas,

For years I've resisted adding a Canopus forum here because they have their own excellent message boards at www.canopus.com (maybe some old-timers here will remember that I used to help Mike Downey moderate their boards back in the day).

But maybe the time has come for us to have our own Canopus forum... or not. You get to decide. If there's enough positive interest, why then we'll fire one up. Your votes count here at DV Info Net.

Nick Rinaldi
October 4th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Yes a canopus forum would be nice.

Chris Barcellos
October 4th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Yes, If DVInfo is covering the range of pro and advance ameteur equipment and editing programs, it would seem any major player in the process should have its own forum. I would like to have it for easy access to refer to when I hear someone start talking about it.

Emre Safak
October 4th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I don't care about Canopus, but I would like to avoid the fragmentation that exists elsewhere on the web.

Paul Wags
October 14th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Well Chris, could just give it ago and see how it goes. More people hang out here than on the Canopus Forum.

I was sent Version 4 to review and test out with our HDV underwater footage. Should be done in a few days and will post the link.

Andrew Clark
October 29th, 2006, 12:41 AM
Definitely YES...please!!

Chris Hurd
November 7th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Gotta say I'm a little disappointed with the low voter turnout, but for those who wanted a dedicated GV / Cano board, here it is!

John Richard
November 7th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Thank you very much Chris.
Low voter turnout for Canopus - just seems to be SOP for Canopus. Such an awesome product that keeps remaining a secret for some reason.

Example of "awesome" - Edius has been able to mix tons of formats on the timeline for years - the others are just now getting there.

Thanks for the forum addition.

Randy Donato
November 8th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Just saw this Chris and I will get the word out at the Canopus boards...I think it is a great idea...and yes the Canopus of old wasn't big on actively advertising or participating on boards but times are changing since GV is in the picture.

Paul Wags
November 9th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Hey we have a Canopus one now.
Cheers Chris

Mark Donnell
February 2nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for this forum, Chris. I have received help from several members that has saved me a lot of time. Please keep this forum !

Chris Hurd
March 15th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Well, the official Canopus / Grass Valley Edius (and related product support) message boards are down for a little while, so I'm hoping this forum will see substantially more activity as a result.

Peter Ward
May 8th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Yes Please, sick of waiting for Canopus forum to open again.

Themis Gyparis
January 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Are you kidding? Absolutely YES !!!!

Charles O. Volm
February 4th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Big thumbs up!

Michael Connor
February 25th, 2008, 07:05 AM
i say yes too... i am still using edius 2.5 as well and canopus have moved forwards... the more forums the better.

Bill Ravens
February 25th, 2008, 08:24 AM
yes, please

Dave Gosley
July 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Yes please.

Thanks
Dave

XL-H1, DVStorm 2 Pro, EDIUS 4.6

Michael Connor
July 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
I love 2.5.... pro isthe same but better.
I still use 2.5 like its simplicity... 4.5x intuduces a tabbed timeline and gets really complicated if u want it too... the tabbed timeline is mind tho because you can have 3 or 4 or 5 projects on the go at once.
cant wait to try it with a dual core processor... i had probs sometimes ithas to be said.. with my normal 3.4 gig processor.... freezes/crashes.

Joseph Henry
August 5th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Absolutely, keep the Canopus forum going.

Mick Jenner
August 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Yes, please keep the forum open

Mick

Matthew Harris
November 17th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Yes indeed ...

Ronnie Martin
November 26th, 2011, 03:27 PM
You Bet

Ronnie Martin