View Full Version : FCP 5.1.2 available

Morton Molyneux
September 26th, 2006, 11:03 PM
I just downloaded and tried it out. XDCAM Transfer works great with 35Mb/s files. Imported into FInal Cut Pro, edited a sample and exported sequence back to camera with no problems.
FCP Video scopes now read entire frame and in real time a huge improvement.

cheers

Morotn

Greg Boston
September 26th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Did you get poster frames for each clip in the upper window of XDCAM Transfer? For some reason, I didn't get any as it read my disk, but I was able to manually set them after the fact.

-gb-

Andy Walton
September 27th, 2006, 04:03 AM
Has anyone had any success using an imac G5 for xdcam hd editing. I have the suite but only use the DVDSP product at present, I use a canopus system. I briefly tried to put a short clip on the fcp timeline and could not get it to play without stopping after a frame or 2, it then claimed it needed rendering. It maybe the preset I chose any suggesstions would be gratefully received

Andy

Morton Molyneux
September 27th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Did you get poster frames for each clip in the upper window of XDCAM Transfer? For some reason, I didn't get any as it read my disk, but I was able to manually set them after the fact.

-gb-

Hi Greg,

The first disk started loading the proxie poster frames then stopped but it was my error as I renamed the disk as it was still loading in the background. I ejected the disk and reloaded into camera and all loaded up OK. I created some sub-clips, selected some clips, subclips and imported directly into Final Cut. Tried another disk and all worked Ok.

cheers

Morton

Nate Weaver
September 27th, 2006, 10:27 AM
So all day yesterday I shoot HD 30p, knowing that it would be supported in less than two weeks time. 30p because I had a B and a C camera shooting b-roll, and 30p was the filmy common denominator.

So last night, after a long day of doc shooting, I get back, install the update, and find that 30p is ONLY for 35mbit mode. I shot in 25.

ARRRRGHHHHHHGGGG!

Greg Boston
September 27th, 2006, 10:37 AM
So all day yesterday I shoot HD 30p, knowing that it would be supported in less than two weeks time. 30p because I had a B and a C camera shooting b-roll, and 30p was the filmy common denominator.

So last night, after a long day of doc shooting, I get back, install the update, and find that 30p is ONLY for 35mbit mode. I shot in 25.

ARRRRGHHHHHHGGGG!

I also noticed in the sequence drop down that 18mb vbr modes are not there. I haven't tried shooting 18VBR to see if I can unwrap it with XDCAM transfer after the FCP update. Hmmm... the plot thickens.

-gb-