View Full Version : GS-120 stuck with tape inside!!

Bill Grant
October 1st, 2006, 09:26 PM
Hello All,
I'm hoping this is the right forum for this. I have a serious issue with my GS-120, and I'm hoping someone can help. When I was getting ready for the wedding on Saturday, I pulled out the old GS120 to load a tape. It got halfway through ejecting the tape that was in it, and displayed the message "press the reset button" I do that and it goes off for as long as that button is held down. When I release the button, it comes back on displaying that message again. No mode change or any change will affect the state of the camera, and worst of all, there is a tape of my son stuck in there. I really only use it for a 4th camera and as the deck for my sonys but I really don't want to have to spend another $500 to get another one. Any suggestions? or is the little guy doomed...
Bill
www.grantphotovideo.com

Chris Barcellos
October 1st, 2006, 10:22 PM
I have GS 120. Are you able to get the door open ??? Is it just that it won't eject ?

There is a little panel on the right side under door, that accesses some screws that seem to be associated with the tape ejections system. Open that up and see if an adjustment might help. I have no idea what to tell you otherwise...