View Full Version : Disabling Start/stop detection during Capture Now

Craig Packard
October 2nd, 2006, 04:58 PM
I want to capture entire tapes, but when I do so it automatically creates new clips on each start/stop point, which sounds great, except that there's a 4 second gap at the beginning of each take. I know I should have done pre-roll, but in some cases I didn't and I don't want to lose the beginning of so many takes.

Any way to disable this function, capture the tape completely, then create subclips?

Scott Tebeau
October 4th, 2006, 04:18 AM
Craig:
Read through this thread to see how some people are dealing with this problem.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=75138&page=4

good luck

Greg Boston
October 4th, 2006, 04:44 AM
I want to capture entire tapes, but when I do so it automatically creates new clips on each start/stop point, which sounds great, except that there's a 4 second gap at the beginning of each take. I know I should have done pre-roll, but in some cases I didn't and I don't want to lose the beginning of so many takes.

Any way to disable this function, capture the tape completely, then create subclips?

In Audio/Video setup, go to capture preferences. Go to the 'On Timecode Break' and you have 3 choices. It defaults to make new clip. You should set it to 'warn after capture'.

Hopefully this will eliminate the issue.

-gb

Craig Packard
October 4th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I did find that suggestion soon after posting, and it seems to have worked pretty well. I did the HDV Firewire NDF duplication and changed the pre and post roll to 1 second. I have had a couple captures interrupted, but I don't think it has been that many and nothing crucial so far. Fingers crossed...

I am surprised that there appears to be no way to change the default setting so you could capture the entire tape. I understand this used to be the way DV footage was handled. Maybe that was only with cameras without timecode?