View Full Version : Media 100 Producer Software

Aaron Frick
October 10th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Media 100 just released their Producer firewire I/O software only based edit system today. Under $800 seems a good price...I have used media 100 for 10 years going back to version 2.6. The question I pose is if it is a viable option to be investing in Media 100 software with their recent financial issues? I know they are now run by Boris, which I also use their products. Any insight into where media 100 goes from here? I never made the jump to FCP instead using an Media 100 system that has been rock solid but I would hate to buy a new Media 100 product and find that a year down the road there is no technical support or further develpment.

William Hohauser
October 10th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Media 100 just released their Producer firewire I/O software only based edit system today. Under $800 seems a good price...I have used media 100 for 10 years going back to version 2.6. The question I pose is if it is a viable option to be investing in Media 100 software with their recent financial issues? I know they are now run by Boris, which I also use their products. Any insight into where media 100 goes from here? I never made the jump to FCP instead using an Media 100 system that has been rock solid but I would hate to buy a new Media 100 product and find that a year down the road there is no technical support or further develpment.

Good Luck. That the Media100 is still around is sort of amazing. While the software is probaby very good, that the company stays around is a big question only Boris can answer. Wait for some reviews and then decide to purchase the program or not. Even if the Media100 division folds, the program should work for years to come.

I migrated to Final Cut from the Media100 years ago. I still miss the interface.