View Full Version : GL2 on Ebay... is this a good deal?

Chris Staples
October 23rd, 2006, 08:28 PM
I've seen GL2's go for around $1600 or more on Ebay and found this one that is ending tomorrow. It is still under $1300 so far. Is this a good deal? Why is it so cheap?

(eBay link removed by moderator: linking to eBay auctions is against DVinfo policy)

Mike Teutsch
October 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
Chris,

None of us can know the condition of this particular camera, but GL2's are a fine camera. You can do some investigating on you own as far as price goes, then decide if it is a good deal. Remember that the biggest thing to consider is if it is the camera for you, regardless of price.

Its price will change before the auction is over, so just make the decision on if it is the right camera for you and how much you are willing and can afford to spend.

OH, and disregard the tripod!!!!!!

Mike

Don Palomaki
October 24th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Always some risk with used gear, especially inprivate sales between folks who do not know each other or the verifiable history of the item.

Just don't get caught in a bidding frenzy at the last moment that pushes the cost over the actual value, as often happens on E-bay.

Bought in 2004 - no warranty remaining? That may be something to consider in the price you are willing to bid.You probably can buy a new GL2 with full warranty for around $1800 after rebate.

Mike Teutsch
October 24th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Chris,

Just checked the auction again, and I noticed that the person has (0) feedback. That is a warning sign on ebay. This person could very well be an honest seller, but you have no way to know for sure.

If you are going to buy it, see if he will do ebay escrow, or if you or a friend can pick it up in person. That would probably be the only way I would do this deal.

Mike