View Full Version : Compressor won't let me set watermark

Les Wilson
November 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
I have several presets that have been working just fine until recently. When I go to change the watermark file (.png files from Fireworks), the Compressor Inspector window puts (unreachable) in front of the file spec. If I create a new preset from an Apple provided one, whatever I do to set the watermark does not "take" and the Inspector says "None selected". If I select a .gif file, the Inspector window stops responding.

It used to work fine. I did a repair permissions. I am on FCP Studio with Compressor 2.3. Nothing on Apple site.

Any suggestions? TIA

Chris Marty
November 29th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Total stab in the dark here, because I've never run into any problems with the watermarking in Compressor...

Try a bunch of different file types exported from Photoshop. Jpeg, Targa, Tiff, etc.. Sometimes I find pasting an image from the clipboard into photoshop and letting it do the file encoding will clean things up.

Outside of that, I'd try killing all your preference files for Compressor and seeing if that helps things. A lot of these programs' preference files can get corrupted and cause all kinds of funky things to happen.

Hope this helps a bit. If nothing improves, let us know. I'll do some more research in the interim.

Les Wilson
November 29th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I had tried many types of files to no avail. These very same files used to work fine. Coincidently, today someone responded on the Apple discussion group and also proposed trashing the prefs. That worked. Wish I'd thought of that. It has become so rare since the OS9 days, I totally forgot about that trick.