View Full Version : HDV direct to disc problem in FCP

Espen Gleditsch
December 9th, 2006, 02:12 PM
I have got a problem with hdv direct to disc recording in fcp 5.0. When I use the "Log and capture" function, and choose "capture now" fcp captures only 12 frames. And then it stops. I have successfully captured several hours of dtd material on a previous occasion with the same camera and laptop. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
BTW: Normal capturing from tape is working fine.

I am new to fcp, so please, if any of you more experienced guys can help me out?

I am using a Sony HDR-HC1E camera and an Apple G4 Powerbook 1,5GHz 1,25 GB RAM.

Joshua Clarke
January 10th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Espen,

My one partner and I had the exact same problem with the same laptop. Our solution was to shoot on tape while simultaneously doing the d2d capture. FCP then captured what we recorded.

Boyd Ostroff
January 10th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Interesting that you mention this. We were doing a shoot with a Z1 capturing direct to disk on a MacBook Pro last month. For the first hour of the shoot everything worked fine. Then for no apparent reason we had the exact same problem you experienced. FCP captured a few frames and then just stopped. After screwing around a little we gave up and just rolled tape.

(note: I've moved this thread to the Mac Editing forum because it's really about an FCP issue. The direct to disk forum is slanted towards dedicated devices such as the Firestore)