View Full Version : GR-HD1 JY-HD10U Need to see this !!

Leonard Richardson
December 27th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Hi, Just in case you didn't know !!

http://www.jvcservice.com/service/custnoticecamcorder.asp?ReqType=CCD

Len

Erick von Schulz
December 28th, 2006, 05:16 AM
This happend to mine about a year ago.... JVC fixed it and gave my camcorder a tuneup free of charge.. It has worked flawlesly since....

JVC has a great service department.. I have never had a problem with them.....

Keep up the good work JVC......

This is the info from the link above..

CCD Program for This Model - JY-HD10US
JVC has received reports that in certain circumstances, this model may, while in the camera mode, show no picture, a distorted picture and/or display “LENS CAP” even though the lens cap is removed. We have identified the probable cause as a failure of the CCD image sensor. Until October 1, 2007, repairs of units exhibiting these problems as a result of a defect in the CCD image sensor will be made free of charge at JVC Factory Service Centers. Click this Repair Request link to download a Repair Request Form and find your nearest location.

Please call our Customer Care Center at (800) 858-6442 if you encounter any problems in obtaining a free repair. We apologize for any inconvenience and are appreciative of your understanding and support

Jeff Kellam
January 5th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Has anyone who had this repair detected any changes in performance?

Better/Worse/Same?

Jeff

John Lorince
February 16th, 2007, 02:32 PM
I also had a CCD issue that caused a green and black swirl. JVC fixed it free of charge and it has worked as if it were new again..

Thanks JVC

John Lorince

Murad Toor
February 28th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Hi, Just in case you didn't know !!
Thank you Len! I took my HD10U to the service center yesterday afternoon. It had the symptoms. It's great that JVC is standing behind their products like this. I bought the camera in July 2004.