View Full Version : Sennheiser ew 100 g2 problems

Tim Agnew
January 1st, 2007, 08:07 PM
Can anyone tell me if I should set the audio level to Auto if Im using an external mic? Help appreciated.

Tim

Tim

Randall Allen
January 1st, 2007, 10:43 PM
You can set it to auto. Just be prepared for the constant change in the gain. What tends to happen with ours is that as the talent is talking the auto software creates a good level, but then if there is a pause in the dialog the software tends to crank up the gain looking for something to set the level with. Sort of like how the auto focus will start looking for something to focus on. On the other side, if your folks are talking and some loud noise appears, the software will drop the gain to keep the loud noise from clipping and bye-bye dialog. I wish there was a way to set it with auto and then lock it down, but there is not.

Best is to set it to manual and set the levels. Even better would be to use an external mixer since adjusting during the shoot would be difficult at best.

-Randy

Gareth Watkins
January 2nd, 2007, 02:30 AM
Hi Tim

I use Senny's great system...
For setting up check out this turorial: http://dvestore.com/theatre/index.html#

It explains it better than I could...

cheers
Gareth

Don Palomaki
January 2nd, 2007, 05:14 PM
If doing shooting on the run, auto level works generally OK for dialog and frees the shooter from trying to manage levels. Alternatively set level fo the loudest sound you expect, and tidy up in post. In any case match the output level of the wireless system to the input sensitivity level of the camcorder for best results either way.

Auto is not good for music with a wide dymanic range.