View Full Version : Heath's crazy rumor/prediction for Macworld 2007!

Heath McKnight
January 7th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I was reading Macworld magazine (Feb. '07), and they said that The Beatles and Apple may have an agreement for the iTunes store shortly (they said, by the time we read the magazine--whoops).

So my personal crazy rumor/prediction is that Steve Jobs will announce The Beatles coming to the iTunes Music Store, with some new iPods (we're still on the 5th Generation/video iPod from Oct. 2005 with some slight updates), and a Beatles-branded one.

This is my own theory, and I'm sure others are likely saying the same thing. Thoughts?

heath

Frank Granovski
January 8th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Who are the beatles?

Charles Papert
January 8th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Some fab pop group, I would assume. You know--for kids!

By the way Heath, Charles is amused when you post in the third person!

Heath McKnight
January 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
By the way Heath, Charles is amused when you post in the third person!
Well, at least in the title!

h

Steven Gotz
January 8th, 2007, 11:24 AM
With only half of the Beatles still alive, I doubt a reunion tour is in the works.

But a Beatle's branded Apple device would be interesting. It could come preloaded with every Beatles song so the grandkids would not have to load up the iPod for Granny.

I like it. But the "Apple Computer" vs "Apple record label" issues might be impossible to overcome.

Stephen Claus
January 12th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Hmmm...let's see. The Beatles' drummer and bass player are still alive. And which half of the Who died? Their drummer and bassist! So just put the two half bands together and call it "Who are the Beatles?" or something. Just imagine Roger Daltrey screaming Beatles lyrics. Cool.

Benjamin Hill
January 15th, 2007, 08:33 PM
But a Beatle's branded Apple device would be interesting. It could come preloaded with every Beatles song so the grandkids would not have to load up the iPod for Granny.

I like it. But the "Apple Computer" vs "Apple record label" issues might be impossible to overcome.

Money will overcome those issues, I predict. But yes, they have been very protective of the Beatles "brand" (which is ironic considering how much Beatles-licensed garbage was manufactured in their day- Beatles bubblebath, anyone?)

A Beatles iPod with every song preloaded? That would be expensive, and it would sell like mad.